Mysuru lad Raaj Ramesh, representing the Indian team Century CC in President’s Afro-Asia Cricket Cup 2018 for U-14 boys at Zimbabwe from Aug. 2 to 8, was adjudged as the “Best bowler of the tournament” by the organisers.
Raaj Ramesh, a leg-spinner was the most successful bowler in the tournament, which was won by South Africa. Zimbabwe finished runner-up and India secured the third place.
Raaj Ramesh is coached by senior cricketer from Mysuru Gadhadhar and he plays for Jaihind CC in the league matches. Raaj secured 12 wickets in three matches in the tournament.
Raaj, a 7th standard student of Sadvidya High School in Mysuru, is the son of Ramesh Raaj.
Afro-Asia cup – Final Placings
Winner: 1. South Africa, 2. Zimbabwe 3. India.
- Tournament best player – Liam Potgieter (Zimbabwe)
- Most runs/Best batsman – Baraka Lazaro Laiza (Tanzania)
- Most 6’s – Daylin Davids (South Africa)
- Most catches/Best fielder – Harry Streak (Zimbabwe)
- Most wickets/Best bowler – Raaj Ramesh (India)
- Fairplay Award – Team Namibia
The post President’s Afro Asia Cricket Cup: City’s Raaj Ramesh wins Best Bowler Award appeared first on Star of Mysore.
Note from Kannada.Club : This story has been auto-generated from a syndicated feed from https://starofmysore.com/presidents-afro-asia-cricket-cup-citys-raaj-ramesh-wins-best-bowler-award/