Medical shop gutted in Mahadevapura

BENGALURU: Two incidents of accidental fire, reportedly due to short circuit, were reported in KG Halli and Mahadevapura police station limits since Tuesday night.

In the first incident, the fire broke out in a medical shop in Mahadevapura police station limits.

Police said the incident took place at 12:30 am in a medical shop located in PWD Road in A Narayanapura and suspect that it was caused due to a short circuit.

According to the police, the medical shop was closed and the passerby noticed the smoke coming out from the shop and immediately alerted the fire and emergency department, who rushed to the spot and doused the fire.

The police said that half of the shop was gutted and medicines worth several thousands were destroyed.  Mahadevapura police have registered a case.

Car catches fire
In the second incident, a parked car caught fire and created a panic among the public on Tuesday night in K.G. Halli police station limits.

The police said that the incident took place near Govindapura signal and traffic movement got disrupted for a while. The passerby alerted the police and the fire and emergency rushed to the sot and doused the fire.

The car was completely gutted and the police suspect that it was due to an electric short circuit in the engine. K.G. Halli police have registered a case and begun investigation. 

***

Note from Kannada.Club :

This story has been auto-generated from a syndicated feed from http://www.deccanchronicle.com/nation/current-affairs/221118/medical-shop-gutted-in-mahadevapura.html .