Fire breaks out at Jayanagar eatery

An accidental fire raged at a popular darshini in Jayanagar 3rd Block on Thursday. No one was injured.

The crowd was sparse at Upahara Darshini when the fire broke out at 3.50 pm.

The fire services got a call at 4 pm and reached the spot within 15 minutes.

They said they quickly evacuated the three-storey building and had doused the fire by 4.45 pm.

The blaze was fuelled by an effusive display of plastic flowers, put up to mark Sankranti.

It then spread up through the electricity and drainage pipes and leapt through the chimneys.

Luckily, the flames did not spread to the other floors.

Two other businesses operate from the building: a courier service and a garment outlet.

Most buildings on the
bustling street stand cheek
by jowl, with no mandatory offset.

This building was no exception, but it had two flights of stairs making evacuation possible, fire fighters said.

An accidental fire raged at a popular darshini in Jayanagar 3rd Block on Thursday. No one was injured.

The crowd was sparse at Upahara Darshini when the fire broke out at 3.50 pm.

The fire services got a call at 4 pm and reached the spot within 15 minutes.

They said they quickly evacuated the three-storey building and had doused the fire by 4.45 pm.

The blaze was fuelled by an effusive display of plastic flowers, put up to mark Sankranti.

It then spread up through the electricity and drainage pipes and leapt through the chimneys.

Luckily, the flames did not spread to the other floors.

Two other businesses operate from the building: a courier service and a garment outlet.

Most buildings on the
bustling street stand cheek
by jowl, with no mandatory offset.

This building was no exception, but it had two flights of stairs making evacuation possible, fire fighters said.

***

Note from Kannada.Club : This story has been auto-generated from a syndicated feed from http://www.deccanherald.com/content/654674/fire-breaks-jayanagar-eatery.html