Nine junior grapplers (5 girls and 4 boys) from city’s Academy of Martial Science (AMS), who represented team Karnataka at the first ever Indian Brazilian Jiu Jitsu (BJJ) grappling National Championships held in New Delhi on May 19 and 20 at Nawab Mansur Ali Khan Pataudi indoor stadium, won 4 Gold, 4 Silver and 1 Bronze medals.
The tournament was organised by Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Sports Federation of India under the aegis of Sports Jiu Jitsu International federation, North America. They are trained by international athlete and coach Kru. Vikram at AMS.
- Theeksha Bharuni – Youth Div. – Medium Heavy – National Champion.
- Riddhi Gayathri – Teen Div, – Medium Heavy – National Champion.
- Taran Ponnappa – Junior Teen Div. – Middle weight – National Champion.
- Samarth Vikram – Teen Div. – Middle weight – National Champion
- G.M. Durgashree – Youth Div. – Feather weight – Silver Medallist.
- Aashith M. Swamy – Youth Div. – Middle weight – Silver Medallist.
- Udayaditya Siddhanth – Junior Teen Div. – Heavy weight – Silver Medallist.
- P. Mahima – Youth Div. – Feather weight – Silver Medallist.
- K. Kavyashree – Adult Div. – Light Feather weight – Bronze Medallist and contested in open weight challenge.
The post City children win medals at National Grappling Championships appeared first on Star of Mysore.
Note from Kannada.Club : This story has been auto-generated from a syndicated feed from https://starofmysore.com/city-children-win-medals-at-national-grappling-championships/