Bengaluru: Thirteen passengers on a BMTC bus had a miraculous escape after the vehicle caught fire near Navayuga toll in Nelamangala on Monday morning.
The alert driver immediately got down and helped all the passengers come out of the bus before fire engulfed it.
The police said that the bus caught fire, suspected to be due to an electric short-circuit, around 8.30 am when it was passing though Madawara Road.
The bus was coming from Madanayakanahalli towards MG Road when the fire broke out in the engine.
All the passengers got down soon after the driver alerted them. The driver, acting swiftly, called the staff at the tollgate, used their emergency fire extinguishers and doused the fire with the help of local residents and tollgate employees.
A senior BMTC officer said that tension prevailed till the tollgate staff brought a water tanker to the spot to help the driver put out the fire. Madanayakanahalli police rushed to the spot, cleared traffic and registered a case.
Note from Kannada.Club :
This story has been auto-generated from a syndicated feed from http://www.deccanchronicle.com/nation/current-affairs/021018/bmtc-bus-catches-fire-passengers-unhurt.html .