BENGALURU: A 45-year-old woman sustained severe burns after the LPG cylinder exploded at her house while she was trying to fix a new cylinder after the old one got over on Monday morning in Nandini Layout police limits. This is the fifth such incident reported in the last three months.
The victim, Mahalakshmi, a resident of Laggere, has sustained 60% burns and is being treated at Victoria Hospital. Her husband Chennegowda and children Girish, 26, and Lokesh, 24, run a roadside food stall in Laggere. Around 9 am on Monday, the LPG cylinder at her house got over.
She got a new one into the kitchen and removed the regulator from the old cylinder when it exploded. Her husband and children had a lucky escape as they were near the door when the incident occurred. They immediately rushed to the kitchen and shifted her to a nearby hospital.
The police suspect that a gas leak might have triggered the explosion. However, the Nandini Layout police have registered a case and are investigating.
Note from Kannada.Club :
This story has been auto-generated from a syndicated feed from http://www.deccanchronicle.com/nation/crime/170418/bengaluru-woman-critical-after-lpg-cylinder-explodes.html .